Thursday, April 7, 2016

Feeling good

   Hmmmm a blog post, that is a novel idea, lol.  Lets see.
I would start by saying, I am enjoying the unemployed lifestyle again.  Do to some good fortune and a unrealistic source of occupation, I find my self with my greatest set up yet.  I love my Kite Family, and I understand that life would not be as great without them, Many Thanks!!!!!
This winter like most, was the best winter ever!  Godzilla el Nino, global warming, or just an average winter.... whatever you call it, it was epic!  I believe we are in a grand solar minimum and without an active sun, how are we gonna have overactive storms???...  (Everyone should follow  Suspicious0bservers on Youtube.)

    I did not spend all my mental energies and every waking moment thinking about Peahi, or did I get hundreds of barrels at the bay...  I choose the Waiehu way of surfing.  For early season we started off with a bang, Ho'okipa was the spot for weeks!  Getting into surfing is Key.  Motivation everyday is important.  I developed  new techniques and surfed on bigger boards.  I learned that on a 7ft gun, Surfing gets way easier.  I bought a used Marzo 6'4, and felt happy as a lazier surfer!  But shortly there after it snapped kicking out of a closeout at the bay. :(   Back to the 6ft epoxy Kiteboard from SOS.  Then it got big,  Jaws was breaking every week or so, and Ho'okipa was to big almost everyday for months.  I, living on the Waiehu Coast took advantage of the Wrap.  Almost every morning I would solo session the Rivermouth in all sizes.  Since it is a wrap the biggest of NW swells were surfable!!  Then I would surf later in the day.  One of my newest favorites is Big Lefts,  this is the wave closest to the Rivermouth, but has a bigger channel and holds a bigger wave.  I was introduced to the wave one windy evening with my buddy Trevor and some other bruddhas.  We paddled to the outside around all the big waves and waited for the sets.  Back to back, the 8ft roll in's were the easiest things ever.  I caught a bunch of huge waves on my 6'0 and I was hooked.  Every session after that was in the afternoon with a light wind and no crowd, big waves, and my 7ft gun.  I caught more big wave drops and rides than I can think of!!  There were quite a few early morning at Honolua Bay with only some old guys at the cave, epic!  Then I bugged friends and finally locked up a Windmills trip!  I hopped into the transit with my buddies and we booked it backside to go surf something new.  After learning the proper safety,  Out there!  Caught tons of waves and learned a lot.   I surfed there a few time afterwords in various conditions! I got in my first fight, and scored some Kapunas!  The surfing was epic and my health was top notch!  Then got the flu... lol end of winter :)

  But surfing was not the only activitie.  I steadily rode my exercise bike for lower back pains, and it helped!  We would get windy weeks here and there throughout the winter.  Two weeks of surf then a week of Kiting and Flying!  Now that Haleakala lands are back open,  I took as many opportunities to fly as possible.  I will admit to some epic days, and some sled rides.  Each and every flight was important for keeping comfort levels up, and motivation churning.  As for Kiteboarding or really only Kitesurfing there was alot.  I kited Lanes so many times, and mostly alone catching thousands of waves with hundreds of turns... lol.  As for Ho'okipa I scored that a lot too, mostly alone and big, but I lined up plenty of great waves!  Down the coast I Kited Kanaha a lot, but not as much as recent years, I scored one Giant scary day at Outer Spreks, I need footstraps and weighted board for that next time. Yikes!  Then there were the WestSide Sessions, numerous long drives and fun waves for the taking over there this year too!  All in all I made the most out of everyday that was brought forth!  I ate super healthy and lived simple!  I have adopted this lifestyle and when I am in it, I am truly Happy and Healthy.  I think that Bike Tour Job would have drained and ruined me lol, but happy to have made a chunk of savings!

      Now the Agenda is set.  I started showing the interest in learning to paraglide, and I flew the wing for a few hours at ho'okipa! (was stupid easy lol)   Hopefully when there are no waves to chase I can develop the motivation to learn and fly Poli poli in the mornings, which would also keep me up the Mountain for more HangGliding.  I also returned to the Swimming pool and rediscovered my Favorite exercise as a Kid!  No waves no problem, an hour at the pool and your stoked!  My mind is getting refreshed as well.  I am kicking some habits and building new ones.  I rediscovered the desire to read, and the Krsna Book was Amazing!!  A little bit of inner self teachings as well!

    Now I am sitting here with my re-busted stitches from hydrofoil kiting mishap...  I have been playing but keep getting shut down by my body :(.  But spirits are High!  I impulsed a trip to Crestline for some roughneck camping at end of the month.  Hopefully I score a ton of HangGliding.  I never travel, and I am not planning of spending much money unless it involves HangGliding, and I do not really know anyone there, so Weeee!  The community seems great and I'm not really worried at all, except the rattlesnakes.  Can't wait to expand my HangGlide bubble and point of view!  So nothing to complain about here, I got my beans and rice, alot of local veggies, and a costco card.  Ready for the next epic day, except for this busted knee that I won't allow to heal.

   The moral of my story is, Save up some money, quit your job, live simple, and enjoy everyday to the best of your abilities.  This may lead to happiness and health!  And give thanks to everyone who as ever provided for you.  Remember that this Earth was given to Us to Experience.  Always thank the Creator and live as if  Everything is within you, and is taking care of you.  The inner self, god, or whomever you Thank for Life deserves the acknowledgement for making this beautiful world we can enjoy! I haven't given up my materialistic desires, but I am Thankful and try to Enjoy my Experiences for the collective whole.

Thank you Everyone, and Everything

No comments: